An Orange County-based Real Estate Developer is seeking a Project Coordinator with at least 5 years of experience within the construction industry in the same or similar role. The Project Coordinator will work on commercial construction projects and work closely with team members of the Construction and Development department. This is a perfect fit if you are self-motivated, have a high level of organization, great attention to detail and are persistent in following up on tasks.
This position may be required to make site visits from time to time.
Responsibilities for this position and required skills include:
- Assist project/construction manager on multiple projects including bidding process, contracts and change orders, and additional administrative tasks as needed.
- Coordinate initial project set-up both onsite and online, working with the project development team, office staff and site staff.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls, maintain communications and flow of information on assigned project(s)
- Tracking/supporting the completion of landlord work against the work exhibits to insure landlord work is compliant with the lease as we approach Delivery/Turnover.
- Obtaining updated construction schedules
- Set up and process tenant addresses, utility meters and site utilities
- Ensure complete and accurate files are maintained according to project requirements
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members, clients, vendors, and jurisdictions
- Provide technical administrative support.
- Responsible for close out package, including warranties, with the general contractor (GC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with peers, business partners, and company leadership
- Must be willing to provide occasional support outside regular business hours
Skills and Experience:
5+ years project coordination experience with the demonstrated ability to work through the entire process and display proven problem-solving skills.
Accounting experience working with payment applications, schedule of values, general budget tracking and knowledge of accounting practices.
Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines. Good oral, written, organizational, and presentations skills required. Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Internet applications.
Associates degree in a related discipline preferred or equivalent work experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Coordination/Project Management: 5 years