Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years. While the majority of work is directly in support of LaRC, other industry partners and Government agencies may be supported at remote sites as directed by the Contracting Officer (CO). The Center Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering (CMOE) contract comprises of three major categories of work - operations, maintenance, and engineering (OME), as described below. *Maintenance - Research and institutional facility maintenance includes, but not limited to, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, repairs, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Facility Condition Assessment (FCA), and maintenance/operation of central utilities (e.g., electrical power distribution, potable water, storm water drainage) *Operations - Facilities Operations support includes, but not limited to, wind tunnels, laboratories, and test stands testing, instrumentation calibration/repair; plant and utilities (e.g., high pressure air, Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) and Steam Plant); technology development and administration, including, but not limited to, Facility Automation Systems (FAS) and Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) *Engineering - Facility engineering includes, but not limited to, engineering studies, design, construction, construction management, configuration management, tactical engineering, pressure system re-certification, project management/planning support.
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate construction projects from the initial request phase to the completion and close out phase including planning and estimating, risk analysis and mitigation, coordinating subcontractors, awarding contracts, on site verification, tracking of schedule and costs, constant communication with the customer and ability to close out a project finalizing all of the necessary deliverables required for the project.
- Track progress of project work and resource usage, inform senior managers of problem areas, and recommend corrective action as needed
- Must have the ability to read engineered drawings and specifications as well as help in the development of drawings and specifications.
- Manage projects of limited scope within contractual cost and schedule guidelines; review output/documentation/deliverables for adequacy of quality and quantity.
- Provides assistance to more senior project managers for the direction of large projects or managing a small projects of limited scope/cost
- Must be self-directed in order to plan and manage multiple projects with little oversight.
- Display good oral and written communications skills with customers and sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the delivery of assigned IDIQ projects within the contracted Scope, Schedule and Budget.
U.S. citizenship required. BS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of engineering experience with at least one (1) year in project management, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and seven (7) to ten (10) years of engineering experience or a Ph.D. degree and two (2) to five (5) years related experience. Demonstrated competence in project management and technical competence in discipline field(s) and knowledge of company policies and practices. Must be fully capable of working with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project. Working proficiency with computer aided drafting software such as AutoCAD, and computerized maintenance management system such as MAXIMO are a plus.
Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is not required but is a plus.
Office environment. (65%) Test facilities and active construction site environment - loud noise and potentially hazardous
equipment operation. (35%) Travel between office and various facilities is required.
Limited time spent on active construction sites. Must be physically capable of walking and climbing over rough terrain and working at elevated heights and confined spaces. Construction sites are commonly areas of high noise levels due to construction equipment and facility test operations. (35%) Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 35 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, copier, etc.) (65%) including the following typical PC Software-Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Microsoft Project.
Safety and Personal Protective Equipment (35%)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (5% - 20%)
Other Essential Functions
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required. Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere and put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to balance scope, schedule and budget to insure project success. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate and work with individuals at all levels of the company and the client.