My client is a New York-based construction manager specializing in residential and hospitality projects. They are a hands-on, delivery-focused organization, supported by a strong infrastructure; exceeding client expectations is our top priority.
New York based Residential General Contractor seeking a strong Construction Project Manager with hands on Construction experience.
The Construction Manager will:
- Responsible for administering the project from the pre-construction budgeting/schedule stage to completion in coordination and overview of procurement, estimating, scheduling, shop drawing/coordination development, construction, timeline, budget/forecasting, staffing, allotment of available resources, and contract closeout.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine and establish time frame, work plan, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Leading and overseeing the project team though administrative direction of on-site superintendents, assistant project managers and subcontractors to ensure project is built and completed in accordance with budget, schedule, and conformance with signed contracts and design documents.
- Assist the project executive in working and communicating with all departments including estimating scheduling, procurement, labor relations, finance, accounting and other services required.
- Participate in developing project bidding strategy with the project team and purchasing department. Prepare scopes of work for each trade in all aspects of design, construction and completion.
- Review and provide schedule and financial information for bid documents. Review all bid packages prior to distribution to bidders and review all correspondence/proposals prior to submission to client to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with gathering, analyzing and assessing information and data collection for input into contract negotiations.
- Develop with the project superintendent, a logistics plan that allows the contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner. The plan should mitigate the impact of the project on the surrounding neighborhood and traffic around the site.
- Manage, coordinate and integrate the activities of all of the assistant project managers, construction project engineers, interns, and other support staff on the project. Establish priorities for the project staff based on project requirements, timeline, scheduling and client needs.
- Review and approve all major purchase orders, change orders and contractor/vendor requisitions as prepared by the project staff.
The Construction Project Manager will:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field.
- 5 years construction engineering experience in project management discipline preferably in High End Resi, Hospitality
- Knowledge of construction codes mandatory.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with wide range of project participants - clients, project management, field, management, estimators, vendors, suppliers, architectures, project accounting, laborers, etc.
- Construction, Building and Business Acumen preferred.
- Possess demonstrated ability in detailed-oriented success.
- Ability to read shop drawings highly desirable.
- Knowledge of BIM technology and scheduling standards preferred.
The Construction Project Manager will receive:
- Strong Base Salary
- Bonus + Benefits
- Opportunity to grow with the firm