Construction Project Manager
G.I. Construction – St. Louis, Missouri
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all the aspects of one or more construction projects to include safety, schedule, budget and quality. This individual is the primary contact for customers and venders related to assigned projects. This position includes some sales and maintaining customer relations.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with project team members to develop and execute construction projects.
- Develop and manage project schedules to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Actively manage the budget of each assigned project meeting established goals.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all interested parties.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained on project sites.
- Invoicing for assigned projects and review and approval of vendor invoices.
- Create and issue subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Manage the design and construction of design-build projects.
- Manage all project documentation to include contracts, submittals, RFIs, internal reporting, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Prepare correspondence with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc.
- Willing to assist team in any area when requested.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in general office equipment as well as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Ability to identify and resolve potential problems proactively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience managing commercial, industrial, or healthcare projects.
- DBIA, LEED, CPC, CCP or equivalent professional certification.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Visual and auditory skills.
- Must be able to operate computer, telephone and other common used office equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme conditions such as cold and heat on an occasional basis.
- Standing, climbing, bending and stooping.
- Must comply with G.I. Construction employee business conduct guidelines.
- Travel may be required.
***THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTEDNED TO DESCIRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITES, DUTIES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED OF ALL PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
G.I. Construction is a commercial construction management firm and general contractor founded in 1993 by Robert Farrell. The company is based in St. Louis, MO with an operations office in Chicago, IL. G.I. Construction has extensive experience in the federal market in additional to its many customers in the private sector.
Our company strives to create a work environment that encourages individuals to excel; a culture of teamwork and partnership; and a group of professionals that takes pride in their work and their team. We provide our employees with necessary tools to be successful, and we reward them for their hard work. Our employees are involved in making G.I. Construction a leader in commercial construction. Our talented professionals bring to our teams energy, insights and enthusiasm.
Compensation dependent on experience. All responses are confidential.