About Orion Construction
Orion Construction is a general contracting and construction management firm headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI. We pride ourselves on our ability to represent the best interests of our clients and work collaboratively with architects, engineers, municipal officials and other construction professionals to deliver high quality, value-added construction projects.
Orion Construction has openings for full-time Project Superintendents. Qualified candidates will perform a variety of tasks relating to day-to-day operations on the job site. They are responsible for organizing and managing resources to produce high quality results, on time and on budget.
Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with preconstruction activities, scope of work, cost estimates, etc.
- Review and interpret drawings, plans, and other construction specifications
- Work with senior management, project managers, sub-contractors, and design professionals
- Develop and maintain schedules; provide thorough daily and weekly reporting
- Monitor and evaluate performance; conduct subcontractor and safety meetings when necessary
- Follow and advocate company standards and work proactively with Orion Construction team
- Provide materials and execute assigned tasks in a complete and timely manner
Seeking superintendents with experience in multi-story wood-frame (e.g. apartments)
OSHA 30hr, CPR/First-Aid, and Storm Water Certified
Strong leadership and communication skills; positive subcontractor relations
Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and other Construction-based software
Committed to (and proven history for) high standards in Safety and Quality
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field preferred, not required
*Please submit your resume and project portfolio/list when applying for this position
Orion Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment.