Who Are We?
TeraThink has celebrated over 15 years of successful delivery of innovative and transformative consulting services to the federal government. We specialize in information technology and management consulting that has a purpose and makes a difference. Our teams are focused on providing exceptional service and solving our clients’ toughest challenges.
Our leadership team has a vast amount of experience and boasts a highly successful track record of delivering results within their respective solution areas and industries. Each leader adheres to a “lead by the way you want to be led” philosophy, which emphasizes transparency and open-door approachability.
Who Are We Looking For?
At TeraThink, we put our employees first and we expect nothing but your best in return. Our company believes in the importance of growth, passion, character, and of course - fun! Our positive work environment encourages team members to find enjoyable and challenging work in order to bring out the best in each individual. We look for dedicated team members who want to be a part of growing this incredible company. The best candidates are those who always look to go above and beyond and challenge themselves to achieve more each day.
Sound Like You?
Do you want to excel in your career and enjoy what you do? Then come join our growing team of brilliant professionals at TeraThink.
What You’ll Do
TeraThink Corporation is looking for an Intermediate Accountant with Federal experience for a project in Austin, TX supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs – Financial Service Center (VA-FSC). Responsibilities include:
- Reviews, reconciles, and processes appropriate transactions. Researches and resolves all Treasury reconciliation inquiries. Reviews and reconciles all monthly reports for the stations serviced by the FSC. This will include receivables, advances, suspense, undelivered orders, payables, and fixed assets. Determines the nature of errors, and upon receiving approval makes adjustments in the correct appropriation. Identifies and resolves accounting transactions creating out of balance conditions. Researches transactions and erroneous adjustments to isolate the original error and corrects it.
- Accomplishes daily and monthly reconciliation of the general ledger to subsidiary accounts, accruals, adjusting journal entries, accounting reports and special reports. Reconciles accounting system output with input for accuracy. Examines vouchers, invoices, claims, and other requests for payment for goods and services provided to, by the Government, or for reimbursement of expenditures for travel and transportation for accuracy, adequacy of documentation or citations, compliance with regulations, and justification. Recommends the proper appropriation to be charged and expenditures made are incurred only as specifically authorized. This entails making payments, answering payment related phone calls, researching payment inquiries for the stations, working with the FSC vendorizing section to establish vendor id's, etc. Prepares bills of collection for overpayments or payments to the wrong vendor.
- Prepares refund payments for debts having been overpaid. Inputs and maintains fiscal data entered into an automated financial system. Corrects rejects and processes payments. Accesses computer data bases to look up payment history information.
- Researches documents received in error. Maintains computerized general ledgers and related accounts, subsidiary ledgers, financial transaction documents and other related documents for the accounting system. Validates data using well-established accounting principles and practices. Analyzes documents for accuracy and authorization, documents financial transactions to ensure a proper audit trail and assigns accounting transactions having the proper accounting effect. Render technical advice relating to all phases of accounting, internal control, budget and fiscal matters. Develop through analysis, appropriate systems of accounting for initial and unusual circumstances.
- Reviews suspense transactions for the collection of debts processed through payroll deduction, recommends proper accounting treatment, and processes transactions to record the transaction to the appropriate station and accounting record.
- Identifies accounting problems, inaccurate records and reports, improper methods for document control, and lack of documentary evidence to support performance of reconciliations.
What We’re Looking For
- Demonstrated proficiency in gathering data for senior team members
- Conducting and documenting research
- Managing team databases and knowledge repositories
- Taking notes during meetings and interviews
- Drafting process flow diagrams
- Contributing to project reports and training materials
- Perform training and knowledge sharing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with minimum 24 credit hours of ACCT coursework
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Ability to provide college transcript
- 4+ years of Accounting experience with 2+ year of Federal client experience
Why TeraThink is a Great Place to Work
We love coming to work every day. Our benefits and work-life balance provide employees with much more than just the essentials – they keep us happy in and outside of work.
A health insurance plan is provided at no cost for employees.
Employees enjoy federal holidays off in addition to 18 days of Paid Time Off (20 days after 2 years of service, 25 days after 5 years of service).
Our 401k is at a 4% match on a 5% contribution – which has immediate vesting because we want you to stay here because you love it – not for an invested 401k match. And we know you will love it!
Visit the Benefits page for a full list of benefits offered by TeraThink.
In addition to a top-notch benefits package, we host outings at The National Zoo, “Escape Room,” Top Golf, and holiday parties with swanky themes such as Casino Night. Our employees are also provided the opportunity to enjoy numerous perks such as:
- Multiple high-definition TVs at our offices with plentiful snacks to enjoy in the café areas
- Breakaway activities such as foosball, darts, and shuffle board
- TeraThink sponsored FitBit and steps challenges, with prizes
- Quarterly shipments of snack boxes to our employees working on client site
- Season tickets to local sports teams
- Cell phone and commuter reimbursements
We also embrace recognition as a way to showcase the great work that takes place at our company each day. As a way of shining light on our hard-working employees, we often provide gift cards for achieving major project milestones, attaining personal certifications, or as a thank you for employees who give back to the community.
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
We focus on encouraging constant learning, growth and innovation, and support Communities of Practice so that team members can dedicate time to learning new tools or solutions as while as getting to know employees on other projects. We provide each employee with an annual contribution amount to use towards learning and growth. We also encourage our team to participate in our TeraThink blog and share our knowledge with various communities of learning.
We strive to provide our employees, whether on client site or in our internal offices, with the best possible work experience. We keep a pulse on our team by sending out frequent micro-surveys that allow team members to provide feedback and thoughts. This frequent feedback allows our agile company to make changes and continue to adjust in any areas to provide team members with the best TeraThink.
Whether it is our events, benefits and perks, open communication, culture of recognition and growth; we want team members to be happy and fulfilled in their careers at TeraThink. Our future is you.
TeraThink is a proud equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.