Contract Manager-Bilingual Japanese
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Value Chain Integration Division (VID)
Status: Project, Full-Time for 12 months
Location: Brisbane, CA
Summary: As part of the worldwide organization of International Procurement Offices within Hitachi, Ltd., the Value Integration Division (VID) of Hitachi America, Ltd. serves as a key focal point for high technology business alliances with global business partners and the Hitachi Group of companies. The successful candidate will contribute to VID’s mission through coordinating, leading, and participating in activities (Direct IT S2C) with cross functional teams across the business cycle from opportunity assessment, contract negotiations, award, and through post award implementation.
- Build business development relationships and develop contracts between Hitachi and prospective business partners. Provide risk management, cost reduction, bilingual support and other values.
- Review, negotiate, and administer contracts (non-disclosure, licensing, distribution, reseller, and purchasing agreements) both domestically and internationally.
- Maintain and monitor post-award business processes through transaction phases. Interface with transaction teams, business units in Hitachi Group, and external suppliers to streamline transaction activities and contract negotiation and alliance development activities.
- Survey and research potential business partner companies and technologies. Source potential supplier / technologies for Hitachi.
- Regularly interact with Hitachi Group companies and business units to understand, document, track, and fulfill business needs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- At least 3 years of contract management, business development and/or project management experience in computer software/hardware, information technology, or other relevant experience.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in English and Japanese
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, project management, with proven experience in contract management.
- Strong understanding of contract related laws, import/export.
- Must be detail oriented, as well as being able to interact will all levels within the organization.
- Able to handle frequent domestic and overseas business trips.
- Team player, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and work in a multi-cultural setting.
EOE Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Travel Percentage: 25%