Position SummaryTexas Oncology is searching for a Contract Manager/Paralegal. The Contract Manager/Paralegal will provide support to our General Counsel in the following areas: contract drafting and review, contract database and file maintenance, contract searches and filing, corporate compliance matters, research and special projects. The successful candidate will be an experienced self-starter, able to work with minimal oversight, and have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Texas Oncology delivers high-quality, high-touch care to help cancer patients achieve “More breakthroughs. More victories.”® in their fight against cancer. We are an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends.
Texas Oncology has more than 150 sites of service throughout Texas, with more than 350 physicians dedicated to serving our patients. On average, we treat more than 50,000 new cancer patients each year, with documented growth year over year. Texas Oncology pioneered the concept of community-based, outpatient, multidisciplinary cancer centers. We give local communities access to leading-edge technology that was previously only available in larger metropolitan areas. Texas Breast Specialists and Texas Urology Specialists are a part of Texas Oncology. Texas Oncology is an affiliate of The U.S. Oncology Network, which is owned by McKesson Specialty Health, a division of McKesson Corporation.
• Administer contracting process, including (1) preparation of routine agreements, amendments, terminations, and correspondence, such as non-disclosure, consulting, and service contracts, (2) serving as point person for contract review requests, including performing reviews of simple agreements and triaging matters for in-house counsel, and (3) developing and maintaining contract database and filing system
• Handle information requests to and from other company personnel, including research of legal matters and historical information from company records and information from other departments regarding corporate entities, commercial transactions and litigation
• Assist with regulatory issues as needed
• Assist in transactions, including due diligence, review and preparation of schedules
• Conduct research and resolve routine law questions under the guidance of supervising attorney
• Manage special projects outsourced to consultants or outside counsel
• Paralegal Degree or Certification required; Bachelors Degree preferred
• 5+ years contract review and management experience
• Healthcare law or healthcare industry knowledge/experience preferred
• Extremely organized with a strong sense of priority, urgency and commitment to deadlines
• Exceptional writing and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage a heavy workload, prioritize multiple projects, exhibit exacting attention to detail, and strictly observe confidentiality
• Driven and self-motivated with a strong desire for learning
• Ability to work independently while functioning well in a team environment
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
The vision of Texas Oncology is to be the first choice for cancer care. We have high standards for patient satisfaction and offer exceptional value in cancer care. We also strive to advance clinical research and develop innovative approaches to treatment of oncology and hematology disorders.
The mission of Texas Oncology is to provide excellent, evidence-based care for each patient we serve, while advancing cancer care for tomorrow. To this end, we give patients access to the highest quality cancer care available today within their own local communities. Our cutting-edge technologies, treatments and research are offered in welcoming and comfortable environments. We maintain comprehensive quality oversight and responsible financial management. At all times, we pride ourselves in being moral, ethical and efficient as a medical practice and employer.
We extend an extremely competitive offering of benefits to employees, including Medical Health Care, Dental Care, Vision Plan, 401-k with a matching component, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and Wellness & Perks Programs.
Come join our growing organization and enjoy knowing that you work for an organization dedicated to making the lives of others better.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.