Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine was named #7 on Forbes’s annual “Best Employers in America” list ranking mid-sized and large employers across the nation. With 35,000+ employees, Penn offers diverse career paths, top-notch benefits, and a culture dedicated to teamwork, flexibility, variety, and professional development.
The Materials Management team is seeking a Contract Manager to support our Perioperative Department!
This individual must have extensive knowledge and experience in vendor negotiations, contract development and implementation for purchased equipment, supplies and services. Demonstrate value analysis, expense reduction and customer service skills within a complex & multi-facility purchasing environment. May have responsibility for Acute Care and/or Physician Practices. Ability to assume responsibility for and direct the work of others. A highly organized individual is needed who can handle multiple complex projects with aggressive deadlines and prioritize workloads on an on-going basis. This position is specialized by commodity.
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Health Policy, Administration, Finance, or Accounting required.
• Minimum of five years support services experience in Purchasing/Materials Management in a complex integrated delivery network or academic medical center.
• Previous project management, team leadership, or supervisory skills required.
• Minimum of two years contract negotiating experience required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to manage and execute projects timely, efficiently and cost effectively.
• Candidate should have strong leadership skills and be able to define and resolve critical issues.
• Demonstrated ability in using PC’s and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated experience in use of material management information systems (e.g. Lawson or PeopleSoft).
• Working knowledge of medical terminology and/or products in assigned commodity areas is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience and savings in the value analysis/cost containment principle and process.
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Required:
• Purchasing/Professional certification preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.