Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
This position sources, screens, and interviews applicants to build a diverse pipeline of qualified candidates, while at the same time creating a positive hiring experience. Leveraging prior trucking industry experience as a recruiter in a fast paced environment, the Recruiter achieves strategic and immediate hiring goals while promoting the opportunities, career growth, culture and core values of Whiteline Express.
- Utilizes professional networking, social media, cold-calling, creative thinking, and other methods to proactively source qualified candidates.
- Evaluates candidate applications, screens, and interviews candidates to determine suitability for position and communicates assessment to Hiring Manager.
- Manages candidate contact during recruitment process, responds promptly to candidate inquiries, managing candidate expectations and notifying all applicants when a requisition is filled.
- Provides status updates, reporting, and other information as needed to co-workers, Supervisors, and Hiring Managers.
- Collaborates to evaluate and improve departmental procedures.
- Gains a firm understanding of Whiteline culture to align candidate expectations with core values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred.
- 2+ years trucking industry recruiting experience preferred.
- Experience with Tenstreet preferred.
- Excellent track record sourcing and qualifying candidates for a variety of positions, varying in level and background.
- Enthusiasm for frequent cold-calling and other outreach.
- Success filling an array of driver to professional positions in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills for interactions with candidates, vendors, and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Exemplary ethics and integrity to maintain confidential information.
- Success in fast-paced environments working independently and on a team.
- Must have high sense of urgency, customer-service driven, and team player mentality.
- Dedication to continuous improvement in support of Whiteline's core values.