My name is Kim Lorberbaum. I am an IT recruiter with Apex Systems. I am on the search for an Operational Risk Analyst to work for our enterprise level client.
Below is more information about the opportunity and the details. Let me know if you have any questions. If you’re interested or know any friends who are please forward me your resume or call me at 205.623.1115.
Location: Vienna, VA
Duration: Long-Term Contract (Potential for extension + PERM)
Operational Risk Management Role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, Technology, Statistics, Math, or other analytical field
• Prior Risk Management, Data Analytics or Internal Audit experience at a Financial Institution – ideally but not necessarily a SIFI
• Familiarity with OCC Heightened Standards and experience in a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Line of Defense role
• Hands-on experience with GRC Systems; ideally RSA Archer and Metricstream. However, others (i.e., IBM Open Pages and etc.) are acceptable
• Performed and facilitated Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSAs)
• Experience in identification, tracking, management and reporting of Issues & Findings
• Experience with Operational Loss Events
• Understanding of inherent and residual risks; experience with key versus non-key control identification
• Working knowledge of industry best practices
• Support a 1st LOD role supporting NFCU’s largest product portfolio – Real Estate Lending
• Support and regularly interact with Senior Management
• Help develop and implement operational risk management frameworks, methodologies, reporting, quantification/testing, policies, standards, and procedures as appropriate
• Responsible for implementing effective programs and measures designed to identify and mitigate risks associated with Real Estate Lending (REL).
• Promote operational efficiency and service excellence through appropriate risk management strategies, process improvements and training while reducing and mitigating operational, reputation, legal and financial losses.
• Collaborate with Real Estate Lending and other operational risk teams across the company
• Routinely liaise with internal and external audit/exam functions and entities
• Manage timely resolution, remediation status and general reporting of Operational risk issues/findings and Events
• Review and edit Policies and Procedures supporting the business
• Perform root cause analysis on issues and findings as appropriate
• Evaluate the adequacy of corrective action and report on the status of approved recommendations
• Ensure the business units’ adherence to remediation actions
• Recommend and implement solutions to enhance/upgrade processes and supporting systems
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.