The Paralegal will support the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement division by researching, documenting, filing, updating, and otherwise supporting legacy contracts management, including migrating contract data into the SAP Ariba contracts management system. Experience specializing in contracts/documentation to ensure corporate legal guidelines are met, including compliance. Qualified candidates will have excellent communication and intermediate software skills.
• Assist with researching and maintaining implementation of contract management to manage existing agreements, including physical and electronic documents. Reviews documents to ensure all information necessary has been gathered (and takes the appropriate steps to obtain any missing information)
• Keep thorough documentation of notes
• File and update records, correspondence and file documents in an orderly and organized manner per established office procedures
• Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
• Perform and guide activities resulting from assigned or self-initiated work leading to innovative applications of existing processes or procedures, or work product having major importance to the department and organization
• Provide customer support for routine questions and inquiries received from internal clients.
• Recommend/utilize/interpret advanced data and to present documentation and analysis and resolve complex problems
• 3-5 years corporate legal or law firm experience, an Associate's Degree and a Paralegal Certificate - or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with enterprise databases, such as a contracts management system like SAP Ariba.
• Ability to comfortably work cross-functionally across all levels in the organization, including communication with senior management.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems with creative solutions.
• Ability to apply knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices and/or develops technologies or processes.
• Possesses an understanding of fundamental business concepts in cross-functional areas.
• Proficiency in entering and tracking new contracts, patent applications, and other information in appropriate databases or systems,
• Strong written, verbal, and type communication skills with an ability to leverage diplomacy, tact, and a customer-centric mindset when acting as a liaison with employees.
• Must be able to work in a high-paced environment handling multiple tasks at the same time and must maintain confidentiality of projects, legal and business information.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office with a typing speed of 60wpm plus; intermediate software skills.
• Excellent organization, time management and prioritization/re-prioritization skills.
• A Bachelor of Laws (B.L. or LL.B), Juris Doctor (J.D.) or Master of Laws (M.L. or LL.M.) or equivalent.