Control Systems Engineer
Location: Duquesne, PA
Experience: Entry Level - 5 Years
Join a world class automation engineering firm! Thermo Systems seeks energetic team members who strive to succeed and make a difference in a fast-paced, hands-on, engineering environment. Our greatest asset is our team and we work hard to create a rewarding environment. Be part of something unique; excel and enjoy.
Who We Are:
Thermo Systems is a national, full-service control systems integration and engineering partner for energy and consumer markets. From our offices throughout the US, Thermo Systems deploys industrial automation projects nationwide.
What You’ll Do:
Our engineering staff located in the Duquesne, PA office work on a variety of automation engineering projects providing software development, hardware testing and on-site system integration. This engineer is required to perform many tasks in the full completion of a custom installation. Responsibilities include PC based graphic development, database development and testing, PLC (Programmable Logic Control) application programming, and hardware testing.
In addition to development work performed at our local offices our engineers perform on site start up and validation at our customer sites throughout North America. Field work includes supervising the mechanical and electrical installation of our custom designed control systems, start-up of equipment including PLC control panels, motors, drives, and other interconnected mechanical and manufacturing equipment. In-town travel and overnight travel to project sites outside the Pittsburgh area, including training and team collaboration functions at our East Windsor, NJ engineering headquarters, may be required.
What We Are Looking For:
- BS degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Construction or 4 equivalent years of experience.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in powerplant, pharmaceutical, manufacturing or data center environments.
- Knowledge of hardware and software design development.
- Knowledge of any automation or control systems programming software.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the machinery with which our control systems interface.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, 401(k) with company match, relocation allowances and business travel reimbursement: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including low cost options.
- Training: We offer in-house and factory technical training to keep our staff sharp.
- Vacation / PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work. You don’t have to leave your jeans at home anymore!
Visit us at www.thermosystems.com to learn more!