Zim Industries, Inc. dba Bakersfield Well and Pump is a place you want to work. We are a continuously growing organization that still maintains our roots as a family owned and family run business where everyone knows your name! Since 1979 we have been drilling wells and performing pump work for agriculture and municipal customers. Our name is known for high quality wells and pumps and we aim to please, with a large base of highly satisfied customers that return to us over and over again. Additionally, our employees stay because we treat them like an extension of our family. Right now, the average years of service of our employees is 10+ years, and we have celebrated 23 of our employees who have been with Zim for over 20 years!
Are you an experienced Controller who is at the top of your game who is looking for more? If you are, wouldn’t you love to work for a great family owned company with a great culture? Due to a recent retirement we are looking to add to our family and are looking for a Controller for our Bakersfield office. This position will work closely with the owners and will serve as an integral role in the management team. The controller is responsible for oversight of all accounting activities, managing a great accounting staff, evaluating and improving internal controls, production of financial reports, working in and with our accounting system and more.
The position is for our Bakersfield office, but we do have an office in Fresno which we would be flexible of working at both locations.
We are looking for a Controller to develop to the next level who possesses the following knowledge, skills, competencies and experience:
- Business Know How – You possess fundamental street smarts on how a business operates and how to partner with the management team to contribute to the bottom line from a financial perspective
- Is a Catalyst – You are able to light the fire in others and make things happen without allowing your own fire to go out.
- Leadership Credibility and Influence – You are able to connect with people at all levels. When you talk, people listen and respond.
- Accounting/Financial Knowledge – You have a deep understanding of navigating the complexities of financials and accounting software, have performed and/or supervised the full gamut of the accounting roles and have five to seven years of experience in finance/accounting.
- Is Proactive – You continually scan the business environment for opportunities, have the ability to see around corners, anticipates and addresses issues, drives change and challenges the status quo.
- You have earned a Bachelor’s degree.
- Construction Industry Experience is preferred, but not required, but you have to be comfortable in this type of work environment.
Interested yet? In addition to being a great place to work, we offer all the benefits you want: Medical, dental, short/long term disability and life insurance all after 30 days, a 401k with a GENEROUS match after 1 year (again, we treat you like family and want to make sure you are prepared for your future), and paid time off benefits including holidays, sick time and PTO.
One of the things our management team likes the most is the balance between work and home life! We work hard but at the same time honor your home time and work to strike a great balance between both for our management team.
So does all this sound great and you want to apply?
Email your resume it to Tina@zimindustries.com or fax to 559-834-5156. If you still have questions you can call our Fresno office at 559-834-1551.
Looking forward to meeting you!