Position SummaryAre you interested in being part of an amazing team that makes a difference in our patients’ lives? Would you like to have opportunities for taking your career to a new level? Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada has an exciting opportunity for a Controller in Henderson, Nevada.
The Controller works closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Practice President to help drive the business in one of the largest oncology practices in Southern Nevada. This role is key to the success of our organization by helping drive financial operations and business development opportunities.
Some of the essential functions of this role include the following:
- Work closely with the Executive Director, senior leadership, physicians and corporate on business development activities to provide guidance and direction on best practices for financial accounting, reporting and account set up.
- Evaluate business needs and provide strategic guidance and suggestions that will better prepare the business for growth and expansion.
- Analyze and report on variances, to include explanations of the variance and how to continue or prevent the trend going forward.
- Develop and monitor internal control mechanisms that safeguard practice resources.
- Provide support to department managers, practice administration and physicians in the preparation and understanding and use of financial information.
- Ensure that various fiscal deadlines are met and appropriate and correct data is provided in a timely manner.
- Establish and monitor internal controls of assets/resources, including developing and writing financial policies and procedures.
- Develop annual budget, coordinate and implement annual budgets for all operating units. Develop budget instructions, assist managers with budget preparation, ensure compliance with presentation deadlines and review reasonableness of final budget goals.
- Oversee operating, capital and cash flow budgets and assist ED/PA in exercising control to ensure expenditures do not exceed budgetary limits and are in compliance with Management Service Agreement and all related agreements.
- Review proposed contracts for financial impact and risk factors. Present findings with recommendations for how best to proceed.
- Audit contracts, orders and vouchers before processing. Coordinates annual external audits.
- Coordinate activities in keeping books and records, including such duties as maintaining general ledger and related systems for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. Ensure proper receiving, deposition, and disbursing of all center funds and manage cash flow.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate calculation of physician compensation and responding to physician questions regarding calculations.
- Supervise, train and develop accounting staff.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum seven years of experience in fiscal management.
- Minimum 5 years recent healthcare experience required.
- Proven experience in successfully interacting with and presenting to a board of directors and/or physicians.
- Three years public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA, CMPE preferred.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.