- Job Label:
- Controller 0918
We are looking to hire a Controller to work in our office located in the Cedar Falls Industrial Park. The ideal Controller not only must be detailed oriented to understand daily accounting practices and principles, but also must have the vision to make decisive decisions impacting the company’s future. The ability to make financial decisions to support the company’s strategic plan and goals will be an opportunity to showcase an ownership mindset and high sense of integrity. Having a hard working mindset will be helpful while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
This approachable and trustworthy visionary leads by examples and empowers others by sharing knowledge in one-on-one meetings and large group presentations. The ideal candidate should be a team player that is adaptable to change and have the ability to collaborate with others. We are looking for a candidate that can wear multiple hats and have the ability to manage and delegate work to others. If you feel this describes you, please continue on to learn more about the responsibilities and qualifications we are looking for in this person to lead our accounting and financial efforts.
Responsibilities for the Controller position:
- Prepare and present financial reports to employees, managers, senior leaders, bankers and board members
- Develop long term financial strategies and programs
- Participate on senior leadership team to develop strategic plans and organizational goals as well as carrying out initiatives
- Oversee and process payroll and manage AR/AP functions
- Develop yearly company budgets and financial forecasts
- Serve as a business point of contact and develop strategic relationships with banks, auditors, insurance brokers, vendors, and partners
- Collaborate with managers and team leads to develop and monitor budgets
- Monitor and manage multiple bank accounts, state incentives, and cash flow
Required skills and qualifications:
- 4 Year degree in Accounting or Financing
- At least 7 years of accounting/financing experience, including budgeting, AR/AP, payroll, state/federal taxes, insurance (property and liability), and business financing
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- 3 years of finance experience, including long term financing, line of credit, risk analysis, etc.
- Leadership experience and ability
- Experience with forecasting
- Strategic planning experience
Other desired skills and qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant
- QuickBooks or similar accounting software experience
- ERP/PSA tool experience
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and schedules
- Knowledge of ESOP regulations
DISTek Integration, Inc. is a provider of electronic and product test systems. As an engineering system solutions provider, we partner with our clients to design smarter, safer and more sophisticated machines and their electronics systems. As experts in our core competencies of Modeling & Simulation, Embedded Software development and Automation & Test software, we pride ourselves in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems targeting the off-highway vehicle market. With several offices through the upper Midwest area, we are able to support our customers through the United States as well as those in other countries.
- Related Keywords:
- finance, accounting, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, forecasts, leadership, planning