Our client, an employee owned company based in downtown Chicago is seeking an Controller. The firm boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. Not to mention they offer WORK/LIFE balance, and fantastic benefits including tuition reimbursement, complimentary on-site gym, 401k match and more!
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Responsibilities of Controller:
As an Controller, you will be responsible for leading a team of 5 accounting team and overall all accounting/finance functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER:
- The Controller will oversee all global financial and accounting processes in all locations and in all currencies
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity, reporting systems, GAAP/IFRS standards
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Direct preparation of company forecasts and budget
- Support the CFO in engaging the Board of Directors around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery
- Coordinate, monitor, and support taxation requirements insuring timely completion of tax returns
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Document and understand ERP system
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature leader with seven to ten years of treasury and finance/accounting experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders. The Controller will ideally have experience in a complex international environment.
- BS in Finance, or Accountancy, MBA preferred
- CPA certification is required
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant accounting experience with at least 3 years in an accounting management capacity
- Public accounting preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures and US GAAP
- Technology savvy with experience in managing relationships with software vendors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to navigate a complex multi-national, multi-location, multi-currency organization in a very fast paced environment.