Our client, a fast growing Non Profit Organization located in New York City is adding a new Controller to the team.
As the Controller, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Supervises the Accounting Manager and Payroll Manager.
- Coordinates the preparation of budgets and financial reports for projects.
- Monitors and projects income and expenses throughout the year by reviewing actual results compared to the budget and the prior year utilizing NetSuite financial reports and a variety of supporting schedules.
- Reviews and signs Accounts Payable checks.
- Serves as primary contact with the Companies banks.
- Manages cash flow.
- Reviews and approves journal entries as needed.
- Assists the Facilities and Office Services Manager with completing insurance forms.
- Reviews the revenue recognition for restricted grants and contracts.
- Reviews financial reports and other accounting reports and identifies unusual fluctuations compared to the budget or the prior year and investigates them.
- Reviews benefits and professional fees expenses as compared to the budget and projects expenses for the year.
- Supervises month-end closing and reporting.
- Researches and answers financial questions raised by department heads and the Vice President for Financial Strategy.
Requirements for the position include:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting and a CPA; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Accounting and supervision of staff required
- Nonprofit accounting experience is a must
- Expertise in budget management, 990's, 5500's, and 403b retirement plans
- Prior audit experience is ideal
- Familiarity with computer applications in Accounting, as well as advanced Excel, and Word
This is an excellent direct-hire, permanent opportunity with excellent benefits packages, and 401(k) plans.