Independent Financial Group, LLC (IFG) an independent broker-dealer in San Diego, California is currently seeking an experienced Controller. Serving as a key member of the financial leadership team, the Controller works with the Managing Directors and CFO and is an active participant in helping the company meet its financial goals and objectives. The Controller works collaboratively with managers to establish, monitor and implement changes to the company’s internal control framework, and lead efforts to strengthen the framework among individuals charged with oversight across the company.
The Controller directs and manages the Accounting and Commission Groups, and is an active participant in the month and year-end closing processes, as well as the annual audit. The Controller provides analytical support and leadership on a variety of projects. The position maintains confidentiality of privileged information, and performs a wide range of duties that require sensitivity, independent judgment, diplomacy and flexibility.
IFG, America’s Finest Broker-Dealer™, is an independent broker-dealer based in San Diego, California with 550 representatives located in over 300 offices across 39 states. IFG has been named locally by the San Diego Business Journal as one of San Diego’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the past several years. Nationally, IFG’s success has been recognized in numerous financial services industry publications and received a 9.7 score in REP. Magazine’s Independent Broker-Dealer Report Card for 2015. IFG has also gained Inc. Magazine’s Honor Roll status for multiple consecutive mentions on their annual Inc.500|5000 list. Most recently, IFG was named #5 on Investment News’ list of Fastest-Growing Broker-Dealers in the country.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to work closely with Senior Management, CEO, CFO, CMO
- Ensure proper processing of commission data and the timely payment to our representatives
- Execute and/or coordinate general accounting and related activities
- Produce the monthly financial statements respecting deadlines established by management
- Ensure sound management of company assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual budget and cash flow projections
- Manage cash, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Assist in the management of all the company’s fiscal and government conformity related responsibilities
- Work with the external auditor on the annual audit file of the company
- Oversee preparation of all tax and statutory filings for local, state, and federal requirements
- Maintains and develops financial staff by effectively recruiting, selecting, orienting, managing, training employees and promoting professional development
Must possess ability to engage others and to work collaboratively with all departments across the company. You must also have the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with a strong commitment to achieving the goals of the department and the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5-10 years of progressive career experience, including business and tax experience
Active CPA License
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- S27 license, highly desirable
Market-level compensation based on experience. IFG offers a competitive benefits package with Company paid Medical and 401k matching. Send resumes to: email@example.comHelp