Controls Engineer, Cincinnati, OH - Global manufacturing company with 5000 employees and 40+ manufacturing plants. The Controls Engineer develops PLC Logic and HMI user interface for machine operation. Reporting to the Service Manager, the Controls Engineer will have an average work week of 45 hours and travel up to 40% of the time and be available for service related phone calls during off hours. Bachelor or Associate degree in Mechanical; Electrical Engineering; Engineering Technology or at least 5-7 years' industry experience in writing Motion and PLC code.
Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer• Develop PLC logic that controls machines
• Develop HMI user interface screens and communications links to the PLC
• Create specifications for appropriate communications hardware to connect the control elements with input and output devices, programming device, HMI, and if appropriate networks
• Develop or assist in development of motion control systems.
• Provide field support for equipment in customer's facilities either in person, or via phone.
• Field service requires mechanical repairs and evaluate label application problems and make appropriate process changes. Service calls may involve installing new machines or tooling.
• The Engineer writes maintenance and trouble shooting guides for service manuals. He/she prepares material for conducting training classes for the customer's maintenance and operator personnel.
Requirements for the Controls Engineer• Bachelor or Associate degree in Mechanical; Electrical Engineering; Engineering Technology or at least 5-7 years' industry experience in writing Motion and PLC code.
• The candidate must be experienced in working with electric power panels up to 480 V.
• The candidate must have experience in programming and specifying Motion, PLC & VFD systems
• The candidate must be proficient in writing technical documentation
• The candidate must have experience in creating electrical schematics and prints using AutoCAD.
Benefits• Full time role with benefits