LISTING OF JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repair support to the maintenance and engineering team on all automated equipment and welding cells to resolve repetitive maintenance issues.
2. Analyze downtime data and modify programs to improve production cycle time and equipment reliability for increased machine OEE.
3. Control, validate, and document changes to existing process and maintain current PLC backup programs.
4. Provide technical training to maintenance team to increase their skill level to troubleshoot equipment using PLC’s.
5. Work closely with engineering and maintenance team to support new equipment installation and commissioning.
6. Train team members on new program / HMI functions as well as program changes.
7. Perform and implement program modification for engineering changes.
8. Develop and implement a controls / programming plant standard for incoming and current equipment.
9. Work as part of cross functional team in continuous improvement activities, problem solving and lean manufacturing activities.
10. Support IT department as needed for equipment related IT functions.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a controls engineer / specialist in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, write and understand PLC programs – Allen Bradley
- Need experience in programming and troubleshooting industrial robotic and automated equipment. Variable speed drives knowledge also a must.
- Safety PLC knowledge.
- Networking with Profibus, Profinet, Profisafe, etc.
- VLAN networking and programmable Cisco switches desired.
- SQL / Database experience desired.
- Strong communication skills with customers, vendors and company team members.
- Analytical problem solving and project management skills required.