1. Rockwell/Allen Bradly (AB) - Studio 5000
2. Siemens - TIA Portal V14 ( V13 ok)
3. PLC or using LatterLogic
4. Build Capital Equipment for Pharmaceutical, Food & Bev, and Research customers.
The Controls Engineer is workign with the Life Sciences Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide (VHP) Engineering Team supporting new product development and sustaining of existing products. Responsible for designing, developing, and releasing software solutions for automated, networked, decontamination devices. He/she takes ownership of all software project deliverables (cost, performance, time, quality) from inception to delivery, analyzes product/system-level requirements and translates them into software specifications, and maintains and develops the skills and knowledge of the software development team members. They also help establish and improve the procedures, standards, and tools.
- Work as a collaborative team member in engineering projects serving as the software leader on the project team.
- Collaborates with groups outside of direct responsibilities including other engineering groups, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, etc. for project planning, analysis of product requirements, and to outline proposed solutions.
- Helps create software validation plans and reports.
- Independently leads software efforts for small development projects/initiatives.
- Acts as a leader to junior engineers.
- Serves as a process proponent for continued improvement in software development processes and tools.
- Helps create software development process documentation to include requirements, design, and interface specifications, verification documentation.
- Designs, implements, tests, and debugs applications according to corporate standards and procedures and department operating procedures on new and sustaining engineering projects.
- Performs unit, integration, and system testing and capacity/performance testing of applications.
- Develops software plans and schedules making commitments for software deliveries.
- Participate in design reviews to identify issues and provide input to design recommendations.
- Serves as a contact point for outside vendors and consultants.
- Reviews software change requests and defects and assigns them to software project team members.
- Works independently with minimal supervision on routine activities.
- Releases software for product.
- Travel up to 10% (including international)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Requires 5-10 years of related engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering required. (A degree in another Engineering discipline may be acceptable with proven software education and/or training and demonstrated software experience.)
- Advanced degree is desirable.
- Proven experience with software development from concept through commercialization.
- Capable of solving complex engineering problems through accurate interpretation of requirements and test results.
- Exceptional team player.
- Experience performing software requirement analysis and definition. Proven skills in working with stakeholders to refine product requirements to be realized in software.
- Experience in the implementation of infrastructure and applications for Manufacturing, Installation, and Serviceability.
- Strong knowledge of PLC-based control systems and communication protocols.
- Solid experience with networked SCADA systems
- Knowledge of hardware platforms/targets and networks is required.
- Practical experience in C/C++, object-oriented analysis and programming, and multi-threaded/multi-tasking programming.
- Understanding of agile development for a resource-constrained environment with specific performance requirements is desired.
- Experience in User Interface (UI)/Human Machine Interface (HMI) development is required, which may include HMI touch screens or Graphical UIs.
- Understanding of usability / human factors is desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies such as software testing, code inspection and reviews is required. Development of automated test configurations is preferred.
- Experience using software integrated development environments (IDEs) and tools to include configuration management (version control), defect management, continuous integration, and code analysis tools is desired.
- Knowledge of software development standards such as the IEEE series, IEC-62304, etc.
- Experience with medical device development is desired and/or experiences in working in a regulated industry, which require formalized software development processes and software risk management.