The Manufacturing Controls Engineer will work as part of the Manufacturing Engineering team designing, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying software to support production electro-mechanical equipment and systems. The key focus of this position is software and electrical technology. Siemens 7 experience is required, but candidates with comparable programming skills with similar products will be considered
Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and involvement in presentation of the solution to customer.
· Provide technical support to from line conception to installation and operation.
· Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
· Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
· Interpret operational interruptions, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately.
· Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
· Define equipment and upgrades throughout an assembly line and individual pieces of equipment.
· Identify and trial new electrical technology and software. Design of customized solutions including manufacturing automation and safety systems.
· Support manufacture, build and validation of systems which include pneumatics, servos, vfd’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integration.
· Create documentation such as operations manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings.
· Ability to architect programs that are simple to test, well documented and versatile.
· Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related degree) from an accredited university.
· 3-5 years related job experience.
Proficient with MS Office, Siemens7, Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, AutoCAD Electrical.
• Strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of vision, power, sensor, inspection, and communications systems.
• Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
• Critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently and in team environments.
• Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
• Ability to balance multiple projects.
· Performs other assignments as directed by a manager.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.