A client south of Lafayette, LA has an opening for a Controls Systems Engineer. This engineer provides input and manages projects with safe technical engineering design, costs, plans, and specifications for reconditioning or altering of existing systems and new equipment. Other responsibilities in this role include:
- Develop procedures for and support instrument loop functional testing.
- Responsible for assisting the Plant I&E Technical Team with electrical systems on the plant site, i.e., plant emergency alarm systems, PLC system, network systems, data historian, motor control systems..
- Assist in start-ups as required.
- Assist/lead control system configuration (PLC and DCS) and testing, development and support
- Develop and improve the plant‘s I/E reliability/predictive/preventative maintenance programs.
- Provide failure analysis on I/E equipment and develop corrective actions.
- Performs inspections and evaluations on I/E equipment.
- Assists maintenance with high level of troubleshooting as required
- Provide recommendations and justification for equipment upgrades and input into the plants capital plans.
- Provide expert input on design and reliability of instrumentation/electrical systems to PHA's and other process design safety reviews.
- Review site compliance with all applicable codes and regulations by auditing site practice/procedure and making recommendations for improvement.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience plant or field
- Familiar with programming Allen Bradley PLC and HMI : Controllogix and Factorytalk SE
- NEC sand NFPA 70E knowledge/experience
- Work with typical instrumentation: pressure, temperature, level, mass and volumetric flow, density, control valves/positioners and familiarity with HART protocol
- Hands on work with typical electrical field testing - multi-meters, calibrators, ground tests, etc.
- General understanding of process and loop control
- Familiar with 480V power distribution, 480V AC drive motor controls
- Familiar with Emerson DeltaV DCS programming a plus
- Familiar with Electrical Studies ETAP or SKM a plus