Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Controls Technician positions with a premiere full-service contract manufacturer with true professional expertise and decades of experience producing a wide range of cutting edge health, beauty and personal care products. Our client is a proactive vendor partner dedicated to only the highest levels of quality in every service they offer. Their primary focus is always on improving every process in the important project planning, management and manufacturing production chain. With over 25 years of manufacturing experience in the personal care industry and a full-service research and manufacturing serving a spectrum of clients, clients know they can count on them.
As the Controls Technician, you will be responsible for performing a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, modifications and repair activities in assigned maintenance operation areas which may include material handling, electrical and Building Automation. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support for PLC, vision, motion control, digital displays, robot material handling systems, and all other electrical control systems.
- Provide electrical/electronic/mechanical production support, project use electrical diagnostic equipment (to include digital and analog meters, and amp meters for AC/DC testing).
- Read and interpret schematics, blueprints and drawings and troubleshoot controls including fuses, relays, wiring, contactors and power supplies.
- Work with the programming of soft starters and variable frequency drives.
- In-depth understanding of electrical/electronic theory and application as it pertains to development, routine maintenance, and corrective maintenance on electronic items.
Location: New Albany, OH (10 min from downtown Columbus)
Compensation: $23-$30/hour + OT = 1st Year W2 ~ $50K-$65K+
Shift: 3rd shift
Benefits: Our client offers full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!
- Electrical Certification.
- Hands on maintenance experience with electrical or electronic systems.
- Solid understanding or experience with PLC/Automated equipment.
- Experience with DC/AC and VFD.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal skills and develop good working relationships with peers and all levels of management.