Full-time cook needed for the campus cafeteria to prepare meals per daily menu and oversee operation of the kitchen. The position reports to Clinical Nutrition Director. Requires weekend/holidays rotation and prior experience as a cook in a cafeteria setting. Catering experience a plus. Hours are 10:00 am - 6:30 pm daily. 7:30am - 6pm on weekends with shift differential. Must apply & hold a valid Norfolk Food Handler's Card (full time).
* You must attach a resume with detailed information to be considered.
* Must have (3) years’ experience as a cook with equivalent professional school experience preferred.
* Must be able to understand and work with the type of residents that are served by the Center.
* Requires the Ability to handle all aspects of food preparation and use of kitchen equipment, ability to assist the
Director/Dietitian in menu preparation, inventory, record keeping and planning.
* Ability to assist the Director in menu preparation, inventory, record keeping, and planning.
* Requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
* Requires the ability to transport dietary needs to all Center resources.
* May require pushing or pulling a food cart which could exceed 200 pounds when loaded down.
* Must hold a valid Norfolk Food Handlers Certificate.
* Responsible for keeping certificate up to date and current. Must have a high standard of personal hygiene and
accepted sanitary procedures.
The Barry Robinson Center
The Barry Robinson Center (BRC) is a private, non-profit, behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to serving the needs of emotionally and behaviorally disturbed children and adolescents. The sprawling 32-acre wooded campus, conveniently located on the border of Norfolk and Virginia Beach, provides a serene setting for programs designed to help at-risk youth and their families overcome emotional and behavioral difficulties. Community Base Services also operates from this location.
The Center offers comprehensive training, competitive salary, excellent benefit package for full time and limited benefits for part-time staff. Comprehensive full benefits package include Health, Dental, Prescription, Vision coverage, Long-Term Disability, Life/AD&D insurance, 403b retirement plan with matching annual contributions, Employee Assistance Program, Legal Resources plan, generous Paid Annual Leave & Sick leave, Dependent Care and Tuition Reimbursement Program.
All new hires must submit to a background investigation which includes fingerprinting. EOE/Drug-Free Workplace. ** DMV driving transcript and school transcript/diploma as educational proof are required at the time of interview for all positions.