Proudly serving the residents of Pittsburgh’s western suburbs for more than 100 years.
Today, it is Ohio Valley Hospital’s mission to provide programs and services that improve the quality of life of community members across our service area. Our staff and administration strive to provide caring, cost-effective, and friendly health care. We view safety and quality as top priorities — while also encouraging innovative and creative approaches to improving patient outcomes.
Great career opportunities are waiting for you at Ohio Valley Hospital.
Our mission of quality, personalized health care for every patient is not the only outstanding benefit we bring to our community. There are lots of great jobs here too. Challenging, important work. Rewarding careers for those willing to dedicate themselves to providing health care and other crucial assistance to our patients.
Currently Ohio Valley Hospital is recruiting for a Cook in our Nutrition Services Deparment.
The Cook prepares, seasons, cooks and serves food for patients, visitors, staff, physicians and volunteers.
Essential Job Functions
- Cooks and prepares food items for patients, cafeteria and catering. Works breakfast trayline.
- Director Nutrition Services staff with assignments to help with meal preparation.
- Follows recipes accordingly. Works with Assistant Director to create or adjust recipes as needed.
- Oversees and is responsible for all hot and cold food items in the Café. Assists serving in the Café as needed.
- Ensures Café is set up and checks on Café food items regularly through meal services.
- Responsible for the coordination and planning of all display cooking including preparation, set-up and working if necessary.
- Maintains standards in food service safely and sanitation.
- Responsible for the usage of leftover items and inventory items thus controlling food cost.
- Assists in catering coordinating including menu selection (approval from assistant director and preparation.
- Demonstrates respect, co-operation and support for patient, physicians, administration, staff, visitors and volunteers.
- Promotes the Hospital’s philosophy, mission, vision and values during all interactions with patients, families, staff and others.
Education Certification and Licensure
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Associate degree in Culinary Arts or Food Service preferred.
· Certification from food service sanitation program required.
Work Related Experience
· Three (3) to five (5) years of cooking or culinary experience required.
· Previous cooking experience in healthcare preferred.
Technical Skills & Abilities: Three (3) to five (5) years of cooking or culinary experience required.Previous cooking experience in healthcare preferred.
Communication Skills & Abilities: Must have interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with multiple complex demands of relationships on the departmental level as well as with internal and external customers. Must have ability to lead staff in daily responsibilities and delegate responsibilities accordingly.
Other Skills & Abilities: Basic arithmetic skills are required.