Looking for a Strong Core Java Developer that has experience within Equity Trading systems or real time systems is preferred. Passionate individual that has a hobby in Development outside of work and a well rounded developer.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 90 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Electronic Trading environment, using Java. Design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Work independently in market connectivity and trade capture systems. Conduct development and performance profiling of ultra- low latency and high throughput applications. Work on complex event processing and multi-threaded systems.
- 5 or more years' experience building high-throughput, low-latency applications in Java
- Knowledge of data structures, design patterns.
- Deep knowledge of internal workings of Java platform, including memory management.
- Familiarity with large-scale real-time systems architecture and implementation.
- Expert level knowledge of multi-threading.
- Agile/Scrum methodology
skills: Nice to have
- Unit Testing/Mocking Frameworks (JUnit etc)
- Test Driven development
- Source Control (GIT)
- JIRA, TeamCity, Gradle
- Electronic Trading
- FIX Protocol
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.