RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Core Site Reliability Engineer in Beaverton, Oregon (OR).
With a commitment to innovation, this client employs some of the world's top engineers and designers! It was ranked as one of the 'Happiest Companies to Work For' and awarded an 'Employees' Choice Award 2018 Best Place to Work' by Glassdoor. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. If you would like to make a difference globally and locally, apply now.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for continuously driving best practices and consumer experience improvements. As a SRE this person will be focused on maintaining constant uptime, scale seamlessly and allow for new applications and services to flourish for the Company's Digital Experiences.
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with a passion for excellence, quality and detail. The SRE will not only support operations, but also work closely with the developers and architects within the team to aid in the design and assist with the implementation to improve stability, security and scalability of the private cloud.
- Must have at least 4-5 years of Software development experience using one of the Object-oriented languages, preferably Java
- 4-5 years of development experience using Java or Scala
- 1-3 years of technical experience working with consumer facing (e-Commerce) software applications
- Must have a strong knowledge of the datacenter infrastructure and cloud platforms
- Must be able to diagnose and present recommended fix to teams quickly and efficiently
- Ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal); They must be able to clearly articulate issues, impact and requests for assistance
- As a member of the team this person must be proactive in addressing critical risks and making suggestions for process improvements; They will be accountable for team performance with respect to SLA compliance and operational readiness
- Practical experience in managing and leading application reliability practices for consumer facing web and mobile experiences
- Ability to work across teams to continuously analyze system performance in production, troubleshoot consumer reported issues, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
- Previous experience with developing and driving real time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into site health and key performance indicators
- Prior experience with agile methodologies, performance engineering and automation tools
- Highly confident and capable in reporting and communicating high value metrics to leadership; Deep understanding of the business landscape and how site reliability influences our consumers
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.