Corporate Accounting Manager
Fortune 500 Consumer product company based in NYC
Duties, Responsibilities And Expected Contributions
- Manage an efficient and timely periodic close process for the Corporate entity.
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc variance analyses for Finance and other department teams
- Interface with department heads on a regular basis to ensure accuracy, quality and completeness of financial information, identify potential areas of cost savings, and anticipate future initiatives which may require additional accounting research.
- Prepare quarterly and annual external reporting packages for the Corporate entity. Work with outside auditors during the annual audit.
- Manage the annual budget process for the Corporate entity, working closely with Financial Planning and Analysis team. Assist and guide departments in the budget preparation process.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with current GAAP of all Corporate entity accounts, including equity, stock-based compensation, investments in affiliates and subsidiaries, corporate debt.
- Develop, implement and document policies, procedures and best practices over accounting and financial reporting for the Corporate entity.
- Coordinate with other Controllers to reconcile inter-company accounts and inter-company transactions involving the corporate entity.
- Conduct technical accounting research and develop conclusions related to corporate initiatives.
- Develop and post into the general ledger the monthly corporate and allocations.
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger of the Corporate entity including tracking additions and disposals of all Corporate owned assets. Record the periodic depreciation and amortization of all these assets.
- Handle and manage the accounting process for M & A transactions, if any.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with departments and other finance functions, educate departments in Finance processes and procedures, drive transparency and usefulness of financial information provided to leadership.
- Stay current in US GAAP and advise management on applicable upcoming changes.
- Work with finance leaders on special projects.
Experience And Education
4-7 years Big 4 and or private accounting experience
CPA and or MBA preferred
Competitive salary plus 20% bonus and excellent benefit package
Interested candidates contact: