Benesch, a 16-time NorthCoast 99 winner and a Top Workplaces winner in 2016, 2017 and 2018, is a mid-sized corporate law firm based in downtown Cleveland, OH with other office locations in Columbus (OH), Wilmington (DE), Chicago (IL), Hackensack (NJ) and Shanghai (CHINA). We are a firm committed to providing the highest level of legal services to our clients with exceptional customer service, and a positive work environment to our employees. Benesch offers many benefits to its employees including competitive pay, medical, dental and life insurance, vacation/personal/sick time, retirement plans, paid holidays, flexible work schedules, and flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care.
We are seeking a Corporate Legal Secretary for our Cleveland office location. This position handles complex and specialized secretarial and clerical support activities related to the specific work and function of the timekeepers to whom they are assigned. Essential functions include (but are not limited to):
- Provide secretarial support by transcribing tapes, drafting correspondence, reports, memoranda and other legal documents (i.e. pleadings, briefs, closing documents, electronic filings, etc.), submitting same for review, revising, proofreading, assembling and distributing prepared material as necessary.
- Review and route incoming correspondence.
- Develop and maintain well organized client files, resource materials and administrative files.
- Schedule and confirm appointments in a proactive manner.
- Enter time for timekeepers, prepare expense reports and review billing statements.
- Receive and route telephone calls, and greet clients with a high level of customer service.
- Reviews statements for billings received from the Accounting Department to clients for services rendered and completes complex clerical procedures in connection therewith.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of five years of legal secretarial experience is required, preferably in a law firm environment. Corporate experience is required. Must be able to handle many priorities at one time and possess excellent customer service and communication skills. A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word required. Experience with DTE, iManage, Elite, Adobe and Interwoven preferred. Dictation experience required. Flexibility to work overtime required.