The company is currently seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to support Company needs by facilitating construction starts and related purchasing functions.
At Gehan Homes, LTD., we pride ourselves on our culture and our ability to make the Company a place that employees enjoy coming to each day. We believe that hard work is important, but we also believe life balance is essential. We encourage and support our employees in becoming their best, both personally and professionally. Everything we produce is due to the talent and hard work of our team members. We believe that, when people share their ideas and talents, great things can happen.
The company offers numerous options to help its employees achieve their financial, professional, and wellness goals including:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
Paid time off
Company provided life insurance policy
401(k) plan and match
Gym membership reimbursement
Career development and opportunities for advancement
Charitable activities and more
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and process option requests; submit to Corporate Purchasing Manager for approval
- Maintain deco option package brochures for regional contracts
- Update VEO as needed
- Track option activation dates
- Maintain regional purchasing contract and vendor files; confirm accuracy and completeness of data/file structure and submit to Corporate Purchasing Manager for approval
- Review subcontract/supplier new vendor requests; confirm accuracy and completeness of data/file structure and submit to Corporate Purchasing Manager for approval
- Maintain certificates of insurance for all regional vendors
- Support division Purchasing Departments and resolve purchasing related issues promptly
- Coordinate with divisions on rebate program updates; ensure suppliers and products are updated
- Submit quarterly rebates and track rebate collection; upload monthly rebate closings list
- Conduct monthly review of each division’s contract file structure for compliance with mandatory formatting; notify PM of discrepancies
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum one (1) year experience in home construction industry
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Excel
- Highly accurate, detail oriented; strong organizational skills
- Able to multi-task, meet deadlines and follow through on projects to completion
- Strong communication skills in writing and spoken word
- Prior experience with JDE
At Gehan Homes, LTD., employment is based on personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact Gehan Homes' corporate offices.