RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Cost Accountant I in Overland Park, Kansas (KS).
This accounting position performs cost accounting duties pertaining to daily review of cost, margin review of the Invoiced sales, creating journals and month end close functions. It is also responsible for calculation and timely payment of royalties. It also requires the ability to gather, compile, organize, analyze processes and work flow. One assists in inventory adjustments and other miscellaneous tasks for accurate financial reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for gross margin review for SPP US; This includes correction and follow up to ensure that the margins are reported accurately
- Perform monthly close activities which includes month-end Journal entries for both SPP US and SPP Canada
- Responsible for calculations of royalty payments and ensure timely payment as per the contract
- Perform monthly reconciliation on selected balance sheet accounts primarily related to Inventory, Margins, and Royalties
- Responsible for periodic inventory adjustments, inventory reports and other miscellaneous tasks to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Perform functions related to cash management to ensure payments are sent to the treasury on a timely basis and track payments accordingly
- Timely and accurate Accounting and accountability for results
- Improve processes to increase efficiencies and decrease productivity time. Success is apparent when the system/process is without error and process time is minimal.
- To recognize opportunity for better processes and to reach out when efficiencies can be envisioned.
- Reporting Turn-around time of requested data from Customers (SPP and Staples Corporate staff)
- Completion of day-to-day and monthly accounting duties
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required
- MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
- PMP or PMI certification
- 8-10 years of experience
- 6-8 years project manager experience
- 2 years scrum experience
- Technical PM experience/Scrum Master
- Experienced managing Agile projects form inception to closure
- Agile experience
- Proven project management experience
- Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
- People management and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
- Learn business process quickly
- Needs to be a person with minimal guidance
- Teamwork skills
- Leadership - keep members motivated
- Quality Center, background in banking
- Portal type exposure
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.