Provides counsel on legal rights and obligations pertaining to complex real property matters to protect the Company’s legal interests.
- Prepares and reviews legal documents prior to execution to accurately convey the Company’s intent.
- Advises on commercial and construction contracts, subcontracts, leases, letters of intent, joint venture agreements and turbine supply contracts.
- Identifies risks and proposes commercial terms to mitigate these risks.
- Drafts and negotiates acquisitions and divestment agreements.
- Reviews legal publications and pending legislation and advises management of changes that impact the Company.
- Executes tasks delegated by senior attorneys.
- Assists with contractual issues related to development of renewable energy projects, especially related to land acquisition.
- Assists with management of external legal resources to ensure quality and consistency of service on a cost-effective basis.
- Assists with Company Secretarial matters and preparing board submissions.
- Assists in preparation of board papers summarizing transactions and risks.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate skills in reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
- Intermediate understanding of project development, asset sales, construction and finance.
- Intermediate skills in assessing risks and developing solutions.
- Advanced ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills to work professionally with clients, vendors and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree and a degree from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to the state or province bar association.
- 5 years’ experience in commercial and construction law.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.