Unicorr Packaging Group, a family-owned leading manufacturer of corrugated packaging, displays and retail packaging, and protective packaging, seeks a self-motivated, innovative and highly energetic Creative Director to lead our Design team. The position will be located at our headquarters in North Haven, CT.
The Director will be responsible for leading our design teams across our multiple design centers in North Haven, CT, Marlborough, MA, and Putnam, CT. The manager must drive innovation and creative design that exceeds customer expectations through creative direction and the development, deployment and management of designers. The manager must also identify and implement strategies to improve the design department at Unicorr and grow the Display/Retail Packaging division. The manager must uphold the very highest level of professionalism and customer service.
· Recruit, train and develop a highly qualified, engaged and successful design team across multiple locations
· Lead Unicorr’s evolution in design including identifying and purchasing new design and project management tools as well as planning and implementing training
· Develop a strategic plan for the Display/Retail Packaging division with Sales Manager
· Visit key display/retail packaging prospects for corporate presentations with Sales Managers and Sales Representatives
· Lead ideation sessions with customers and Unicorr Staff, discussing and clearly articulating ideas, verbally or visually
· Generate multiple display or packaging concepts and quickly communicate them with pencil sketches, CAD layouts, or other methods
· Direct the creation of creative deliverables including 3D renderings, original artwork, structural drawings, presentations, sells sheets and others as required
· Assign incoming projects to members of the design team based on skill level and schedule.
· Identify innovative new product solutions and work with sales to validate and bring to market when appropriate
· Manage and develop Unicorr’s display design center
· Develop and maintain internal documentation and organizational standards and procedures
· Stay current with customers and their customers
· All other duties as assigned
· At least 10 years of combined experience in structural and creative design for temporary and semi-permanent Point-Of-Purchase displays and retail ready packaging
· Experience working in the corrugated industry
· Management or team leadership experience
· A Bachelor’s Degree in packaging design, industrial design or related business discipline
· Experience with Artios CAD, TOPS or Cape palletization software, Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat), 3D modeling and rendering software, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Knowledge of major retailers in the Grocery, Specialty, Drug, Mass, Convenience, and Club channels
· Strong working knowledge of branding and marketing strategy
· Self-starter with a high level of innovation, creativity, drive and energy
· Exceptional visual and verbal communicator
· Ability to multi-task and manage timelines in a fast paced work environment, effectively managing multiple deliverables with constantly changing priorities
· Demonstrated ability for continuous learning in a highly competitive, fast changing marketplace
· Portfolio of display and packaging examples
· A valid US driver's license
· Must be willing and able to travel to customers in local market and occasionally national market
In order to successfully complete the essential functions of the position, the candidate will frequently be required to travel to and tour customer facilities, remain in a stationary position in an office setting, communicate verbally with co-workers and customers both in person and on the phone, visually evaluate customer specification documents to ensure accuracy of product delivery, and move, position, and/or transport products and supplies weighing up to 25 lbs. which may include stooping or bending. Candidate will occasionally be required to move, position, and/or transport products and supplies weighing up to 50 lbs. which may include stooping or bending.
Compensation and Benefits
Unicorr Packaging Group offers an impressive compensation, benefit and expense package including health, dental and vision, 401(k) Plan, and much more.
Unicorr Packaging Group is a family owned and operated business that has been incorporated since 1946. Experience, expertise and value-added services have made us the preferred supplier to hundreds of customers regionally, nationally and globally. Our customers range from the high tech and medical industries to food and beverage companies.
Unicorr has distinguished itself by its integrity and its manufacturing, design and service excellence, being among the largest converters of corrugated products and protective packaging in the Northeast. Practicing lean thinking to promote efficiency, sustainability and the elimination of waste along with a customer-partnership philosophy, has led to Unicorr’s success and growth.
Unicorr Packaging Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.