Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking a Creative Services Designer for a 5+ month contract opportunity in Richmond, VA, with one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and experience with an industry leader currently operating the nation's largest natural gas storage system.
As a Creative Services Designer, you will:
- Provide graphic design for company communication materials, including print, exhibits, displays and electronic media.
- Develop communication design solutions for internal, corporate clients and external organizations.
- Work on company-wide, multi-project assignments. Interact independently with clients.
- Collaborate with teams, including designers, writers, photographers, web and multimedia designers, project managers, and employees at all levels.
- Devise and recommend best creative solutions to meet client communication needs.
- Develop and produce materials that elicit the desired audience action.
- Coordinate production and execution, including estimates and invoice coding, schedules, specifications, and press checks to ensure quality production.
- Ensure that projects meet quality standards, deadlines, and cost controls.
- Ensure proper execution of the client's brand standards in designs.
- Assist others with correct logo usage- requires guidance with more complex graphic design and content.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- 3-5 years of directly related experience.
- High level of understanding of design and print production requirements including pre-production and on-press.
- High degree of understanding of graphic and communication design principles.
- Proficient knowledge of layout, typography, and color.
- Proven layout and design skills.
- Skilled in using Macintosh computers and graphic design applications.
- Strong proficiency using graphic software tools including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Skilled in using Adobe Acrobat Professional and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong quality orientation and attention to graphical and production details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including good grammar; editing capabilities a plus.
- Ability to identify client communication needs, and to create and execute innovative concepts and designs.
- Able to build professional relationships, work in a cross-functional team environment, work both collaboratively and independently, adhere to deadlines and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to take direction, be patient, flexible and tactful.
- Able to work after normal business hours to support projects when needed.
- Working knowledge of HTML layout and coding is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, use a telephone, and fit for the majority of the shift.
- A portfolio is required for the in-person interview.
- Schedule is M-F from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with a one hour lunch break.
- This is a 5+ month contract.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.