Medical Specialties Distributors, LLC (MSD) is looking for a Credit Analyst/Collector in Stoughton, MA!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: calling for payments on overdue accounts, processing and verifying credit memos, record keeping on accounts and monitoring customer credit lines.
The Credit Analyst is responsible for the Credit and Collection functions within an assigned region and must work closely with the Sales staff in that territory to insure that customer issues are addressed promptly and any credits are issued on a timely basis. The credit analyst is also responsible for monitoring the aging of all assigned accounts to insure that past due balances are identified and corrective actions are taken. This may include recommending and implementing payment plans and when necessary initiating collection actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs credit checks on New Customer Accounts and performs yearly reviews on existing Customers.
• Manages customer accounts by releasing (or holding) customer orders, making collection calls, and researching and resolving past due and disputed items/claims.
• Maximizes cash flow by making at least 30 collection calls per day.
• Insures that customer credit limits are not exceeded.
• Initiates discussions with the MSD sales staff to resolve customer issues; when appropriate escalates issues to the Credit and Collection Manager or CFO.
• Monitors Collection Agency/Attorney Accounts to maximize the recovery of accounts written off to Bad Debt.
• Assists in developing cash forecasts.
• Performs quarterly review of all accounts via Bad Debt Reviews (BDRs) to provide information on anticipated claims and bankruptcies.
• Processes properly authorized Credit Memos.
• Proactively reviews processes and procedures to reduce time/cost/rework and/or to increase accuracy/quality.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities):
• Minimum Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in Finance or related field.
• An understanding of Credit & Collections processes
• Knowledge of MS Office and Windows platform
• Must have strong customer service background
• Proactive problem-solving approach
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
• Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain focus with intermittent distractions
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Professionalism and mature sense of accountability
• Ability to understand, organize and update electronic copy databases
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
• Ability to research and seek out information
• Willing to be a team player
• Willing to perform other duties and tasks as directed by the Credit & Collections Manager
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by MSD’s Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
We value the benefits of a diverse work force and encourage all to apply. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO