Large credit union in SE Houston area is looking for a Teller! This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. The successful Teller candidate will be responsible for assisting members and potential members with credit union needs, explaining services, setting up new deposit accounts, responding to problems and directing members to the appropriate personnel with the credit union. Bilingual candidates are preferred but not required.
- Minimum of six months of Teller experience in a financial institution (heavy cash handling experience acceptable)
- High school diploma or GED
- Courtesy, tact and diplomacy when interacting with members
- 10 key calculator and computer keyboard by touch
- Must have good communication skills
- Assist members with opening and closing all types of deposit accounts offered by the credit union.
- Answer questions about products and services, and resolve problems.
- Receive and process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments.
- Sell money orders, gift cards, season tickets, and travelers checks to members.
- Transfer money from member accounts as directed.
- Assist member with opening, closing and accessing safe deposit boxes in accordance with established procedures.
- Act as the member's advocate in offering credit union products and services.
- Maintain member records as requested.Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks such as handling mail, typing, filing, computer input, and answering the telephone.
- Process checks through branch capture accurately and with minimal errors.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.