FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Superintendent
Subordinate Staff: None
Responsible for performing all basic tasks asked of a greenskeeper. These include, but are not limited to, cultural practices, chemical applications, equipment operation, and construction tasks as requested. The Foreman will also be held accountable for running weekend crews, and in charge of various golf course projects as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have these basic qualifications, but not limited to:
- Cool Season Turfgrass Management background/experience.
- Bentgrass putting greens experience
- Ability to multi-task & handle a fast paced working environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Moisture management knowledge of putting greens, tees, fairways and rough.
- Ability to use a range of sprayer equipment for pesticide applications
- Preferred experience with Rain Bird irrigation system
- Manage small crews with a keen eye for detail
Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent. - Preferred
- Minimum two years experience as greenskeeper. - Required.
- General understanding of golf course operations. Working knowledge of operation of gasoline, diesel and electric equipment; knowledge of proper methods of servicing golf course equipment; knowledge of the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment. Continuing education classes for all related golf course manufacturer's equipment. - Required.
- Valid driver's license. - Required.