Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
- Performs a variety of service work in all phases of specialized building high voltage electrical distribution systems including but not limited to single & redundant electrical distribution systems, transfer switches, paralleling systems, static switches, UPS and/or battery systems, distribution equipment, panel boards, branch circuit wiring and devices.
- Complete familiarity with sophisticated equipment monitoring, alarm, building management and automation systems
- Plans, selects, and lays out required materials for service and repair work.
- Thorough understanding of air conditioning and control systems
- Performs logging operations using advanced instrumentation techniques.
- Must comply with work order system to include interpreting work orders, performing work requested and completing work orders with little or no direction.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures along with national, state and/or local electrical building codes.
- Monitors the buildings HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance, site surveys, replacement of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans and other technical documents.
- Assists with equipment start-ups, repairs and overhauls.
- Prepares reports on facility performance.
- Perform emergency equipment repair.
- 24x7 facility on-call responsibility.
- Strong mechanical experience preferred
- Experience with building monitoring systems preferred
- State Journeyman’s Licensed, or qualified for licensing in the HVAC field at the journeyman level or equivalent, including 5+ years of experience in operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of construction, HVAC, AC and DC power fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze and identify issues negatively impacting facility operations.
- Knowledge of data center critical infrastructure components preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes climbing ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, provide on-call availability, weekends and holidays as needed.
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.