Hiring Critical Infrastructure Manager (Facility Operations)
Investing in our people, we have an exciting opportunity for an Critical Infrastructure Manager (Facility Operations)in the Raleigh, NC area to join our team!
The Critical Infrastructure Manager is a market-specific data center operations position. Under general direction from the Regional Operations Director, the Critical Infrastructure Manager works with the corporate operations teams to consistently execute documented policies and processes designed to maintain the highest level of data center availability. Responsibilities include technical expertise, facilities management, 24x7 facility availability, and training. The Critical Infrastructure Manager will work closely with Flexential corporate in ensuring training of the operations teams, standardization of work flow, and ensuring audit compliancy and consistency across all Flexential data centers
- Execute the Data Center Standardization initiatives including, but not limited to, consistency of operations in Equipment Maintenance Recordkeeping, Metrics Reporting, Operating Procedures, Equipment Labeling, Space Planning, Cable Plant Layout, and Vendor Management.
- Enforce industry standard safety guidelines and the proper and consistent use of personal protective equipment across the Flexential data centers.
- Ensure audit compliancy through standardization of the work order management process.
- Work closely with all CIMs in other markets to ensure consistency of operations across all Flexential data centers.
- Oversee the installation of the customer’s equipment to ensure compliance to the data center standards.
- Demonstrate strong technical expertise with our employees, partners, vendors, and customers.
- Collaborate with peers (all market CIMs) on a regular basis to support the professional and intellectual growth of the Operations team and to support data center operations best practices.
- Mentor the NOC staff on data center operations best practices.
- Gain a deep level understanding of the facility equipment operations, recommended maintenance, and integration of supporting equipment.
- Execute operational reliability and maintenance programs, both predictive and preventive, according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Execute disaster recovery “dry run” exercises in each market based on controlled scenarios.
- Manage vendor relationships and oversee the onsite activities of external vendors.
- Execute and document preventative maintenance and other predefined processes and procedures.
- Work with various internal/external groups (such as equipment vendors, the NOC staff, telecommunication service providers, provisioning teams, and Flexential internal departments) to install, troubleshoot, repair equipment, and maintain the facility equipment according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Drive change toward operational excellence goals.
- Drive operational excellence through the use of predetermined and efficient toolsets and metrics.
- Proactively identify key areas of constraints for power, cooling, and white space thru the use of detailed capacity plans and forecasts.
- Reduce facility operations costs through green initiatives and national vendor agreements.
- Collaborate with peer groups in a continual process improvement effort.
- Maintain the center in the best possible operating and aesthetic condition.
- Support the Data Center Academy program and assist in the development of the training material.
- 3+ years of mission critical data center facility management / maintenance experience with direct reports.
- Data center operations experience
- Solid background, experience, and knowledge of mission critical systems, including but not limited to electric distribution systems, backup generators, UPS, cooling systems, and structured cabling systems.
- Ability to read and understand single line electric diagrams.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and cooling system failures.
- Ability to be on-call and respond to emergency situations 24x7x365
- Solid experience with Change Management procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Operations Staff, vendors, and customers.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office program suite.
- Working knowledge of HVAC theory, repair maintenance and operation.
- Solid electrical theory and practical experience.
- Superior skills in the use of electronic tools such as BCMS, BMS, and facility testing equipment.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50 pounds over head and work from a ladder.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Criminal background check required. EOE
How important is it to you to work in an environment where you have the freedom to solve problems the way you'd like to? Does completing meaningful work with real world impact excite you? Is the “WHY” you go to work every day important to you? Do you want the work you do to make a difference?
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.