Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Chula Vista, CA facility.
Cryogenic Service Technician
Seeking a Customer Service Installation Technician who will be responsible for safely constructing all types of liquid and/or gaseous cryogenic supply systems. The ideal candidate will reside in the Irwindale, CA area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The tech must professionally interact with project manager, sales, customers, contractors, engineers and inspectors regarding construction at the customer's site.
- Install Technician hours are 8 - 12 hour days.
- The technician will work out of their home and be on the road during the week but is usually home on the weekends.
- Must be an organized self-starter and effectively plan their weeks work.
- Skill set for the core work will be to read print and schematics, understand p&id's and materials of construction, layout and install system, pipe-fitting, electrical trouble shooting, understand regulators, solenoids, check valves, different types of valves manual and automatic, pressure relief devices, rupture discs, honest, trust worthy and a team player.
- Training will be on the job, with some office training to cover SOPs.
- We require our employee's to be team players and safety is part of our everyday culture.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required; College or Technical degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment, and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Requires computer proficiency including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, internet searches, handheld data entry devices and usage of GPS device.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver's License
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Job includes safely operating a company service truck in all types of weather.
- Similar jobs lean toward HVAC technician.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 5+ to 7 Years
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job to a friend
- Share on your newsfeed
Apply online at:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Matheson is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability