Part-time Curriculum Specialist
Our client is committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, they are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. They are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — they create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The part-time Curriculum Specialist is an:
- Education specialist with deep K-12 knowledge in assigned content area of Literacy.
- Someone who assists the Account General Manager for the assigned territory with the goal of driving and meeting revenue targets
- Expert in the delivery of sales and introductory product orientation in-service for print, digital and blended programs who will partner with other specialists and share responsibilities in the assigned region(s)
- A self-starter with a passion for K-12 education and the ability to drive educators (at all levels) to make sound decisions regarding learning outcome choices for students and teachers
- Expert on Texas education standards, current education pedagogy and market trends
- Facile communicator with the skills to relate to all levels of state, regional or district K-12 employees from superintendent, administrator, teacher to paraprofessional
The Curriculum Specialist will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the achievement of revenue targets as a team in the assigned sales region.
- Delivering winning presentations for each sales cycle to include the six customer touch points: (1) exhibits and conferences (2) pre-work and issue setting workshops (3) meetings and campaigns (4) pilots (5) sales presentations and (6) program activation
- Providing customer feedback to sales, product and marketing teams
- Maintaining content level expertise through the certification process and agreed upon materials
- Delivering Product Activation trainings for new and ongoing customer accounts
- Having a deep understanding and knowledge of client’s print and digital solutions
- Maintaining positive ongoing relationships with the customer during the sales cycle and after activation to provide support or re-direction to appropriate teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Following the sales cycle the sales specialist is responsible for post-sales support and activation.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of K-12 education experience to include classroom teaching experience
- BS or BA, Master’s Degree preferred
- Specialty training or advanced certification is preferred
- Expert knowledge of education theory and market trends in assigned content area of Literacy
- Deep knowledge and passion for learning in K-12 education in the area of Literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver winning presentations in large and small groups
- Previous experience in selling and servicing in the education market is desirable
- Experience in public speaking and creating engaging presentations for teachers, parents, district administrators, superintendents, or adoption committees
- Demonstration of strong abilities with technology skills including abilities to use all presentation software and hardware (PC or Mac, including whiteboard technology and 1:1 devices) to develop and deliver multimedia presentations.
- Regional travel is possible; requests are sometimes made with short notice
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Monitoring and controlling timekeeping and expenses in accordance with our client’s Travel and Entertainment policies
- Collaboration with team members and all departments including sales, services, and operations to escalate and address customer satisfaction issues in order to ensure customer success
- Self-starter. Can at times be responsible for self-directed training and preparedness
- Ability to have pointed conversations with school districts in the area of K-12 literacy, math, science, humanities or intervention
- Understanding sales campaign strategy, market trends and the full continuum of client services to better understand the customer and audience