We're looking for the first members of our customer experience team to build a brand new business and completely change an industry with us. Jetty is a startup creating the iconic brand in Property & Casualty insurance* for modern consumers and we need help doing it.
The Customer Experience Associate will provide customer service by responding to inbound calls, web chats and email communications. They will resolve issues and answer questions about our business, our practices, and customer accounts and their orders, and be called upon to identify patterns, and suggest system and process improvements. They will do this in a company that is invested in growing fast and building a happy, productive team.
*Property & Casualty insurance is that corner (well, a $500B corner) of the insurance industry focused on offerings like homeowners/renters insurance, auto insurance and liability insurance. #TheMoreYouKnow!
The ideal candidate need not have customer service experience. Though any experience, ideally within the insurance or real estate industries, may be helpful. Preference is given to college graduates with experience in a fast-paced professional environment.
The Ideal Candidate is:
- committed to being a part of building a great team in order to build a great company;
- capable of clearly expressing themselves and communicating complex topics;
- empathetic, self-aware, positive, and ego-free;
- a "people person" who can stay upbeat through tough situations;
- independently driven;
- able to identify and articulate opportunities for operations and business improvement, while being conscious of the challenges in implementation;
- a sponge for candid feedback, and excited to improve.
- Clear written and spoken communication and proper grammar skills (required).
- Quick and accurate typing; at least 40 words per minute (required).
- Capability to adhere to assigned schedule.
- Skilled in multitasking; finding multiple pieces of information while maintaining a customer conversation.
- Experience in navigating various web pages, software applications and pieces of technology.
- Proven skills in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Team player.
Fluency in Mandarin Chinese, Korean or Spanish is a plus.
At Jetty our five core Values set the tone for how we work, make decisions and interact. They are:
Transparency : We communicate openly and honestly with our customers and with each other.
Rigor : We hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards in everything we do.
Creativity : We seek elegant, unorthodox solutions to difficult problems.
Empathy : We recognize the humanity in our customers and in our team.
Curiosity : We are engaged with the world and inquisitive about our business and industry.
- Competitive hourly wage and benefits suite.
- Possibility to work from home;
- Possibility of “perks” such as a gym membership or office snacks;
- Training and an education in insurance;
- Support and consistent, transparent feedback;
- Commitment to being a fair employer, and one invested in building a business by building a team.
The insurance industry is in dire need of a rethink, having failed customers across every dimension that matters to the modern consumer: products that meet critical needs, experiences that are customer-centric, design-focused and technology-enabled, and general business practices that are transparent and fair. Jetty will change that.
The Company was founded in 2015 and launched in April 2017. We're backed by top-tier venture capital investors in both Silicon Valley and New York City, are partnered with Munich Re (the world's largest reinsurance company), and are a growing team in Hartford, CT.
There is no need to send a cover letter . To apply, please send your resume along with two as-short-as-you-want paragraphs:
- One about a recent accomplishment of yours. (This can be from your personal or your professional life.)
- One describing your favorite meal, and why it's so good.