The Walman Optical Company is a successful, diversified, employee-owned business serving the ophthalmic community since 1915. We are a family of optical companies with a 100-year history of excellent relationships built on enduring trust and added value. Each of our businesses is guided by the same core principles and single vision: to be the most trusted business partner in the industry. Our core values respect our employees’ worth and contributions, emphasize teamwork and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We are currently seeking a Customer Service Clerk I for our fast-paced Optical Lab located in Madison, WI. This is an excellent opportunity to join our TEAM…We are the #1 optical wholesaler in America!
Perform a variety of customer service responsibilities such as: answering telephone inquiries, entering orders, eyewear frame tracing and order tray-up.
- Receive phone orders from customers in a thorough and friendly manner.
- Receive customer inquiries on order status, product availability and/or other customer needs and respond correctly and timely.
- Eyewear frame tracing and order tray up.
- Accurate and timely data entry.
- Receive ordered product, check packing list/invoice for correct pricing and quantities and place in correct area.
- Monitor and expedite back ordered products. Communicate delays in filling order to customer.
- Receive and establish procedures for new products and file and organize product information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, plus one year of relevant work experience
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Accurate Data entry
- Ability to meet and maintain deadlines
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ophthalmic and/or Digital Vision Inc. (DVI) Systems Software experience a plus, not required
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
If you are interested in becoming part of the Walman Team please apply online today.
The Walman Optical Company is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants. EEO/Affirmative Action Employer/Protected Veteran Status. The company grants reasonable accommodations to qualified disabled individuals in accordance with applicable law.