Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Customer Service Maintenance Technician positions with a global, Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services and technologies to a wide diversity of customers. Our client holds almost 3,000 patents and serves a wide range of industries to include aerospace, food and beverages, healthcare, semiconductors, chemicals, refining, ore and gas production, primary metals and metal fabrication, as well as other areas of general industry. The company has 27,000 employees and operations in more than 50 countries and is focused on helping its customers become more profitable, efficient and environmentally friendly.
As a Customer Service Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for safely maintaining/servicing (and occasionally installing/removing) various types of bulk liquid and gaseous cryogenic supply systems (Nitrogen, Argon, Helium, Oxygen, CO2, and Hydrogen). You will be required to respond to service calls, as well as perform supply system inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned accounts; this will require continuous compliance of all company/industry specific safety policies, without exception.
Location: Toledo, OH (Living and Working in/around Lucas and Fulton Counties)
Salary: $50K-$60K, depending on experience + OT; Estimated total comp of $65K-$75K; Company vehicle (truck), all tools, laptop, and handheld devices provided.
Travel: Day travel required, utilizing company issued service vehicle, in Southeastern Michigan and Northwestern Ohio. Applicant must be capable of operating service vehicle and have a clean driving record, with knowledge in the practice of defensive driving technique.
Shift Work: Techs typically work an 8 hour day (M-F) and will be on call 24 hours unless scheduled off. Overtime is typically between 15-30% (depending on the season), so accessibility during off-hours is required.
Training: You will receive training at the National Training Center in Illinois. Training forum is college level classes requiring completion of prerequisite prior to actual training class. New hires are typically positioned near experienced technicians and will shadow them for 4-6 months. The first month will involve safety training and then training will alternate between OTJ and instruction in Chicago.
Benefits: Our client offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
- 3+ years maintenance experience; must have a strong mechanical or electronic background.
- Ability to communicate/correspond professionally with counterparts, customers, vendors, and company sales department.
- Proficient in the following: Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet searches, smartphones and handheld data entry devices.
- Demonstrate habits such as being a self-starter, multitasking, time management skills, and planning their overall work order priorities.
- Ability to read prints, understand P&IDs, materials of construction, layout and installation drawings.
- Instruct and supervise outside personnel, such as: crane, electrical, and mechanical contractors.
- Experience with brazing, soldering, pipe-fitting, and/or TIG-MIG and stick welding.
- Electrical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Troubleshooting/service experience/knowledge of: regulators, solenoids, check valves, different types of mechanical valves (both manual and automatic/solenoid), gas analyzers, piping and fittings, pressure relief devices, and rupture discs.
- Honest, trustworthy, integrity and team-player.
- Familiarization with various cryogenic storage vacuum systems, mixers, and vaporizers.
- Capable of troubleshooting reciprocating and centrifugal pump systems, analysis pump electrical control panels.
- Knowledgeable regarding pressure testing procedures.
- Knowledgeable regarding the cleaning procedures for components in oxygen service.
- Maintain stock of needed parts and supplies for service vehicle.