The Customer Service Manager is responsible for directing, managing and coordinating the work flow and strategies of up to 100 customer service staff and supervises the functioning of each assigned area. The Customer Service Manager is responsible for generating, reviewing and evaluating reports on call center inbound call metrics, service levels, and CSAT. Additionally, the Customer Service Manager utilizes set policies and procedures given by the organization to prepare and monitor all financial, fiscal documentation, statistical and analytical customer service reporting. The Customer Service Manager ensures that all customer service staff are operating in accordance to policies and procedures of the department as well as within the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local laws
- Establish production goals monthly, quarterly and annually in conjunction with management
- Monitor the key performance indicators and drivers of individual and team production performance business and take corrective action as needed
- Maintain performance and attendance records on all Customer Service Representatives, Team Leads and Supervisors, including but not limited to, agent utilization, pre-collect dollars, average handle time, one call resolution and CSAT scores.
- Attain top performance on all teams by clearly understanding and executing KPI metrics
- Responsible for account-specific work plans and inventory management
- Provide management with a weekly summary of completed activities and accomplishments
- Establish and maintain compliance with all contractual requirements and policies
- Participation in the planning and execution of AFF’s strategic plans
- Monitor and coordinate opening/closing of office to ensure safety of all employees on company property
- Create and execute contests to motivate the customer service staff on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for adhering to productivity, quality, and cost standards
- Responsible for creating a productive and positive work environment to maximize individual and team performance
- Participate in the interview, hiring and decision-making process for onboarding new staff
- Works with Director of Operations and Operations Support Manager to direct training, development and ongoing evaluation process of customer service staff, including Supervisors
- Participate in disciplinary issues up to and including termination of staff when necessary
- Other operational duties as assigned
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Manager level (or higher) experience in a call center environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work professionally and courteously with consumers, coworkers and dealers
- Proficient knowledge of building and maintaining effective communication strategies that include dialer, text, email and chat.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize workloads
- Ability to manage and delegate multiple concurrent priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited information and facts are available
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to read and interpret instructional materials such as policy guides, rules and compliance manuals in addition to analyzing client performance and productivity reports
- Fluent in Spanish (oral and written)
- Prior experience and knowledge of installment and lease/rent to own agreements
- LiveVox Dialer System experience a plus
- Call Miner experience a plus
Critical Competencies for Success
- Communication: The Candidate must be able to show by example and foster a culture of communication where every team member understands where the business is, what their role is, what is expected of them, and how they are performing against those expectations.
- A Servant Heart: The Candidate must value service to others. Our customers, partners, and team members deserve a Candidate passionate about delivering on our promise. The ideal Candidate is someone who seeks to understand in ways that allow for successful outcomes and relentlessly celebrates rave reviews by customers, partners, and Representatives at every opportunity.
- Organization & Planning: The Candidate must be organized and plan-oriented. By example, the Candidate must be able to establish a working environment that is organized, efficient, and secure. The Candidate must have an appreciation for the benefits that neatness and order have with regards to getting things done efficiently and effectively. The Candidate must value planning ahead of time, removing distractions to the team so Representatives can stay focused, and executing to the plan.
- Trust & Accountability: The Candidate must be able to establish a culture of trust and accountability to results. The Candidate must, by example, be able to instill a sense of committed action in every team member to deliver on the goals.
- Tech-Savvy: The Candidate must be able to understand and use the technology we expect our team members to use. The Candidate must be able to generate reports with basic Microsoft Office tools, and conduct analysis for strategy, planning, problem-solving, and process improvement.