Texas Book Company is the Southwest’s leading provider of textbooks and management services to college bookstores. Throughout its 42-year history, Texas Book Company has emphasized customer satisfaction, long term relationships, and a commitment to excellence. The company is currently seeking a high-energy team player to manage South Plains College Bookstore - Reese Center in Lubbock, TX.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist the Store Manager in assigned duties including cash register operation, performing general office accounting duties, assisting with the stocking of merchandise.
- Prepare daily sales audit, complete the deposits and forward documentation to Accounting.
- Maintain all aspects of Accounts Receivables for the store.
- Assist in the process of Accounts Payables paperwork. .
- Manage Bad Check process and records.
- Prepare end of the month reports.
- Assist manager in interviewing and hiring temporary staff.
- Supervise and train cashiers and clerks.
- Open and close store as scheduled.
III. Cashier Functions:
- Monitor cashiers close out and end of shift.
- Monitor performance of cashiers at buyback/refund register insuring policy and procedures are being followed.
- Understand and adhere to check cashing policies.
- Assist the cashiering when necessary.
IV. Special Duties
- Assist with developing and implementing merchandising ideas for the store.
- Be familiar with campus activities calendar.
- Assist in the development and production of local store signage.
- Assist store manager in planning special events and sales.
- Any other duties as assigned
Texas Book offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package including healthcare insurance, 401(k) with company match and vacation.
Proven computer skills
Efficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Effective Communication Skills
Understanding of basic accounting
Retail experience, including cash register operations
Excellent telephone skills
Typing skills – 40wpm
Ten key by touch
Must be able to lift (50) fifty pounds
Education: High School, college credited hours preferred