Why you want to work here:
Our Customer Service Representative position is primarily responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous responses to questions from customers via telephone, fax, mail, email, and web. This is a great entry-level career for recent graduates.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and email inquiries.
- Provide 1st tier technical troubleshooting support to customers experiencing application and/or browser compatibility issues.
- Utilize multiple databases simultaneously to review and resolve inquiries related to the applicable service.
- Clearly document all customer conversations in call tracking system.
- Coordinate responses with the appropriate personnel if customer requires an escalated level of support.
- Contact entities as related to incoming calls and emails for follow up and resolution, as appropriate.
- Process incoming mail and faxes, as needed.
- Willingness to learn and commit to company-specific philosophies and principles.
- Some college, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, including through military service will be considered.
- Competency with computer skills (e.g., for database, web applications, and email).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an emphasis on proper grammar, etiquette, and vocal qualities such as tone, inflection, and enunciation.
- Must live within a commutable distance to Herndon, Virginia.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Experience corresponding to clients and customers over the phone.
- Experience with the student loan industry, higher education industry, and/or web order management preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams.
- Demonstrated ability to remain poised under pressure.
$11-13/hr starting out (Potential for Full-time Salaried Opportunity + Great Benefits!)