Our customer service representatives are responsible for answering questions about our company’s products and prices as well as coordinating shipments and specific product configurations for our customers. Duties also include making outbound calls to existing customers to up sell and cross sell to our existing customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take customer phone calls and emails and answer questions about product prices and availability.
- Take customer orders, product returns, and order changes.
- Make outbound sales calls to existing company customers.
- Provide support to outside sales professionals.
- Promptly research and answer all customer inquiries and concerns.
- Retrieve information for our accounting or sales departments when needed.
- Assist our company accountant with various accounting duties as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements / Skills
- Associate's (AA) or bachelor's (BA) degree is a must.
- Previous customer service and inside sales experience of at least five years.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with distribution management computer systems.
- Knowledge of construction industry is a strong positive.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Speak and read English fluently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with multi-line phone systems.
- Strong attention to detail.